- 10 cups frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- pie crust (I used Smitten Kitchen’s)
1. In a large pan, cook frozen blueberries for approximately 5 minutes. Add wine and simmer for another 5 minutes. Turn heat down to low and cook blueberries down until they are in a jam-like consistency, about 35 minutes.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients: cinnamon, allspice, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, lemon juice, butter, and flour.
3. Once blueberries have cooked down to a jam-like consistency, add blueberry mixture to bowl and combine.
4. Add to pie crust, refrigerate for 30 minutes, and then bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Recipe adapted from King Arthur’s Flour.