Libby’s pumpkin pie recipe is the by far the most ubiquitous. Truly, it’s a great recipe. This recipe is just modified to include more spices. I also refrigerate the pie before baking which seems to eliminate any problem with the pie cracking.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- pie crust
1. Combine pumpkin, eggs, and sugar in medium-sized bowl.
2. Add sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg. Mix well.
3. Slowly add evaporated milk in steady stream.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
5. Bake in oven preheated to 350 degrees for approximately 60 minutes.